Fort Rajgad is very famous trekking destination just 65 kms from Pune. With Gunjawane as base village, fort of Rajgad trek
mesmerizes trekkers around Pune. With awesome flora and fauna, panoramic landscapes, water and food availability around the year and magnificent built of the fort trek to Rajgad is pure delight for trekker around Pune.
Rajgad trek routes : Trekkers have many ways to climb Rajgad
- From chor darwaja on Padmavati machi : Little difficult from Gunjawane
- Pali Darwaja from Pali village: Easiest from Pali road
- Torna to Rajgad route again from Pali road to Sanjivani machi
- Rajgad was capital of Shivaji Maharaj’s empire for 25 years before shifting to Raigad.
- Rajaram Chhatrapati birth took place on Rajgad fort
- Apart from that demise of Shivaji’s Queen Saibai, miraculous return of Shivaji from Agra, Tanaji Malusare’s funeral procession to his Konkan village and burial of Afzal Khan’s head in the Mahadarwaja walls of Ballekilla ,Rajgad has many stories to tell !!
How to reach Rajgad
- Just 65 km from Pune, catch MSRTC bus from Swarate in morning which will take you to Gunjawane village.
- You can drive to Nasarapur on Satara highway and take right
- Pune to Rajgad 65km
- Mumbai to Rajgad 200 km
- Kolhapur to Rajgad 200 km
- Nasik to Rajgad 265 km
- Nagpur to Rajgad 750 km
- B’lore to Rajgad 825 km
Trek to Fort Rajgad tips:
- Rajgad trek can be completed in one day
- Carry water only needed on way as ample drinking water available on Padmavati machi
- Start early in morning by 5-6 am
- You can order food from Gunjawane and it will be delivered on fort 🙂
- Can be done through out the year
- Only bsnl netowrk is present
- You can connect Torna fort trek to this